Mount Pleasant is a low density residential community. This general area was annexed to the City in 1910 with development of Mount Pleasant beginning around 1912. Confederation Park runs through the northwest part of the community providing access to recreational opportunities. Access to the Downtown, which is approximately 4 km south, is convenient via 10th Street or Centre Street North.
Elementary, Junior and Senior High Schools
- Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD)
- Bow Valley College
- DeVry Institute of Technology
- Mount Royal College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- University of Calgary
- Princess Island Park - hugging the Elbow River.
- 17th Ave Park - located along 17th Ave.