South Calgary is situated in the southwest quadrant of the city and enjoys city and mountain views. South Calgary is close to major open spaces and recreational opportunities are provided in River Park and the Glenmore Athletic Field. The focus of the future plans for South Calgary is to maintain stability in the community by maintaining the stock of family-type accommodations in the area.
Elementary, Junior and Senior High Schools
- Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD)
- Bow Valley College
- DeVry Institute of Technology
- Mount Royal College
- Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT)
- University of Calgary
- Princess Island Park - hugging the Elbow River.
- 17th Ave Park - located along 17th Ave.